Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Road Back

Usually I spend Christmas at home with my family in Montreal, but this year was different. I must admit it was quite hard not seeing my parents and sister this year, but I was welcomed into a new family. Christmas on the West Coast was completely different than on the East. Surrounded by nature and its beautiful mountains it was quite a scenic view out in the country. Nights out in the countryside are very different than those in the city.  Calm and quiet, it really gave me a chance to sit down and think. This past year did not go as planned and I've been searching to find answers and reasons why it did not. I've realized that it doesn't matter anymore, what matters is what I am going to do to change the situation.

The year was not all lost I did meet the girl of my dreams and she has not disappointed. One thing I love about her is that she keeps it real 100% of the time. We had a sit down and she told me the way I was training has been very mediocre and simply was not enough to get back to where I wanted to be. Also, Kora-lea told me that she doesn't see the same fire and energy that I had when she first met me. "You really have to stop living in the past and do something about it." Her words hit home, she was right.  There was nothing I could say. I had to get to work. I want to thank her for not sugar coating anything and keeping it real with me. Love you!



Although I was doing training on my own, it hasn't been at the high level that I'm normally acustomed to. Working out and training for  professional sports are two very different monsters.  What I have been doing is working out. I didn't realize how hard it is to train hard alone. I've always been part of a training group or had a training partner back home in Montreal, but here there was no one to train with. Or so I thought...until I was contacted by an Eskimo who infomed me that him and a few of the guys from the team were doing sport specific training if I wanted to join in.  I jumped at the opportunity and have never been more motivated than I am today. Training in a group is much easier, simply for the fact that you have someone to challenge you to work harder.



Athletes Nation.  After only 1 day of training, I knew this is where I needed to be to get back to playing football. The great thing about training in a group atmosphere is the motivation we experience from pushing each other.  I am so thankful that I was invited to train with some former teammates. It truly has given me confidence that I can play at a high level.

I would like to thank my family, friends,fans  and my girlfriend who have supported me through this rough patch of my life. I am very fortunate to have had you all to lean on in my darkest hour. What happend last year has defitnately made me much stronger as a person going foward. One fan I would like to mention is Deno, he is the only person with an Okpro jersey. He had bought my jersey before the 09' season because he truly believed that I could play. This is not a cheap purchase and I want  to thank him  because despite me not being on the team his still wore my jersey with pride.  What I've learned from being cut is that great players get cut all the time. It's part of the game, part of the business, you have to accept the good with the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment