Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Road Back

MARCH 12TH

The date has been set for March 12th, 2010.   It is the official day that I will be attending a combine that could  potentially get me back onto a CFL team. Although I live in Edmonton and train with some of the Eskimo players, I am no longer part of the organization. I have accepted what has transpired and have realized that it's not easy to get back.  Although it would be a great fit with the rest of my life I have to remember that it's a beautiful game, but shitty business! Rarely does an athlete get to decide where they will be playing or even if they will be playing.  I am using this opportunity to showcase my talents, that is all I am looking for. The focus now is preparing myself for this date to show teams that I am still out there. 


One thing many players including myself get wrong is their training methods. Through university and my younger days of college my primary method of training was working out at the gym. There is no getting on the field during the off-season for the simple fact that its too cold outside, and we do not have access to adequate indoor facilities. When I was first introduced to Athletes Nation I knew this was where I needed to be. Access to field turf is something that doesn't come by often, especially in the winter. So I am very fortunate that my training is already preparing me for a sports position that requires mainly running. I am in better shape than last year heading into camp and there are still a couple of months left until the season. My focus is not only to be ready for camp, but to be ready for March 12th so that I can show enough  of my skill to whoever is watching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment