Friday, July 3, 2009

2nd time around (Judgment Day)



The day started off with terrible news, a teammate from Concordia University had passed away. Ricky was out on the town enjoying life with his teammates, he had a couple of drinks. Everyone urged him not to drive under the influence, but he didn't listen. The next day no one heard from him and it was only later that night when everyone found out what had happened. Ricky fell asleep at the wheel and never made it home. This tragic news was passed onto me this morning. Though I never played with him, he was very close to guys that I've played with for Concordia. Having no brothers growing up, my teammates at Concordia were like brothers to me. I really feel for them as it isn't easy losing close friends. My sincere condolances to family and friends of Ricky Zeba #9 you will be missed by all.


Now, reciving no call last night about my status on the team the night prior, I was a little nervous going into commonwealth. The lunch room felt different not hot or cold, but there was just a different feeling in the air. After I finished lunch, I was asked to come meet with a member from the organization. As we sat down, I knew what was going to happen. I had been down this route before with the same distiguished gentleman from last year. He broke the news in just a few brief sentences. Game over, that was it. In shock, I shook his hand without saying a word and left the lunchroom. I Proceeded to the locker room where I stood outside and waited for my personal stuff. Deeply hurt, I kept an even kiel while recieving my belongings and left.


As I walked into my appartment I received another text with bad news. The musical legend, Michael Jackson, had died. This is all not happening, not today... I layed down looking up at the ceiling. What a horrible day...

R.I.P

No comments:

Post a Comment