Saturday, July 4, 2009

2nd time around (Week 1)

From the outside looking in, week 1 was tough to digest for me. Watching my former team take the field was gut wrenching. I miss my teammates. I miss being out there on the field. I miss everything! Though it hurt to watch, I believe experiences like this will only make me stronger. Even if things did not go as planned, I will remain optimistic. The new view of the game has only fueled me with more energy to continue to work hard. Not only to stay ready, but also to come back in better shape if given the opportunity. I will place my faith in Gods hands, and wherever he leads me I will follow.

I have always been a huge fan of Steve McNair, as he has changed the QB position forever. It's really sad to see a story like this happen to such a great guy and ambassador of the league. My heart goes out to his family and friends who mourn his loss. After seeing a story likes this, it makes you realize that even though he played several years of professional football, he still had his whole life ahead of him. It has really hit home for me because I thought my life was over when I was released, but it's only just starting. So, football or no football, there is still life after football, and I'm thankful that I still have that.

R.I.P

Live in the moment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-mcnairkilled&prov=ap&type=lgns

No comments:

Post a Comment