Friday, July 3, 2009

2nd time around (Moving Forward)


After reflecting on what happened last week, it is only now that I can fathom the strength to write. I broke down immediately after I got home. When you want something so bad and you don't get it, it hurts! I stayed in my house for 3 days, just looking at the wall and trying to rationalize the last series of events, asking myself what I did wrong? At the end of it I realized that I was reaching for things. During the pre-season games, I could only recall 2 plays I should have made. Other than that, I made every tackle when it presented itself to me and felt I played pretty good on special teams. The decision was out of my control, for whatever reason, I wasn't picked to make the team. I have no regrets, I gave it everything I had, and left it all on the field. The only thing that concerns me is not being able to live up to the expectations of all the fans who I signed jersey's and t-shirts for. It is out of my hands, football isn't just play anymore, it's a business. Talent, hard work, and expectations can only take you so far. I would like to thank the Edmonton Eskimos for giving me a chance. I am very fortunate to have made it so far. My future is written but I will have to wait to read it. God has a plan for everyone and when one door closes another one opens. I'm hoping football is behind the next door, as I still believe in my abilities to play this game. I am currently keeping myself ready for any further opportunities. I will miss all my teammates and the friendships that I built on the field at Commonwealth. My experiences there will last forever and it has truly been a special place to play the game I love. Thank you to my family, friends, fans and especially my girlfriend for being so supportive during this transition period of my life.


SKY MIGHT FALL

No comments:

Post a Comment