Saturday, August 22, 2009

2nd time around (week 8)

Working out at the gym I had met someone a few weeks ago. At the time he asked me what I was training for. I explained to him that I had been on the Eskimos last year, and just attended training camp with them this year. Unfortunetly I did not make the squad this year. He was very supportive and urged me the best of luck.




I had seen him again this week and he asked if there was any progre. sDissapointed I told him no. He then asked if I was available to talk to his football team that he coached. Unsure whether I wanted to do it or not, I pondered it for a few seconds. Eventually I said yes. I was not too enthusiastic about it, but I felt it would be good for me to be around a football atmoshpere. As I got there I was very nervous. Usually I was speaking on behalf of the Eskimos, but this time I was speaking on behalf of myself. Unsure how the kids would respond because I wasn`t on a team. With no speach prepared, I just said what was on my heart. As I spoke indivudually to the 6 teams I remember why I love this game so much. As I told them to believe in themselves I realized in the times that I'm facing now I have to believe in myself. It was like I was speaking to them but also speaking to myself. I have regained my love for the game through them. I am very thankful that I said yes to speaking to the kids. That day marked the first time I've been on a football field since I was released. I plan to go back and help out when I can to give back to the game that has given so much to me.




A MUST SEE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment