Friday, October 23, 2009

The Road Back


"You don't appreciate what you have until it's gone or it's taken from you"

Personally evaluating myself, I had a great off season dropping 8 pounds and decreasing my body fat from 14.2% to 8.8%. Following that up with a great training camp and pre-season, notching 7 tackles and a Forced Fumble. Highlighted by a goaling stop on Martell Mallet, one of the leagues best running backs. Taking the good with the bad there are 2 plays I would like to redo.  Reliving the plays through my head, I believe I could have easily made them with a little more depth at safety. Game speed and practice speed are two different things... A lesson learned! Every DB gets beats once. I'm still having a hard time believing the excuse of why I was released. " We like what we have in terms of Canadian talent."






My status as All-Canadian 3 out of 4 years in university is more than the number 1 draft pick Dylan Barker. Probably the only canadian who had more accolades was Andy Fantuz, with 3 time All-Canadian, one All-Canadian second team, and the Hec Creighton. Not to say I am better than these two by any means, i just find it hard to believe the reason i was released, given the success I've had in university. I am actually huge fans of them. This is just a comparison of the level of play I was at prior to entering the CFL.


 
A FRESH START

Dwelling in the past has gotten me nowhere! It has left me with an empty feeling, no motivation, zero belief. I will not let others tell me I cannot make it for it is only I who can make that decision. What I pray for is another chance, A REAL CHANCE to let me showcase my talents as I have in the past. The opportunity to achieve my ultimate objective, the GREY CUP. Despite my individual successes, I have never tasted the joy of winning a championship, that is what I truly want.

No comments:

Post a Comment