Tuesday, March 15, 2011

KEEP ON'

I'm tiered another 12hr day at work I've haven't been motivated the whole week. I though to remain positive when there is no reward in sight. Someone asked me today if I was an athlete I replied YES, What team do you play for? I told him I don't even know what I am training for, he gave me a blank stare... It was then I truly realized what I was doing maintaining the faith that I will be rewarded without really knowing for sure. This weekend while I was out I saw the man who had cut me last year from the team. No bad blood we had a great conversation I knew that he was just the man that had to do the dirty work. He left me with some great advice "No one is gonna sell you like you sell yourself, No one is gonna fight for your career like you fight for you career!" Everyone loves a winner but when the chips are down your phone doesn't ring as much, no message, facebook is quiet, it's the nature of the beast.  I just try not to pay it any attention and keep pushing. Also, I found out not to long ago that the girlfriend I was with last year cheated on me while we were together. It's funny how news always get's back to me though I did not know the man he knew me. Word traveled and  it eventually got back to me, I am not sure if it's true but I wouldn't put it past her.  I wish her well in all the relationships I messed up I can honestly say I was a good guy in this one. Anyways moving on that part of my life is done and will just chalk it up to experience. These last few weeks have been though consistently drained at the end of the day I don't know where I find the energy to get up every morning and continue to train. My friends back home in Montreal took matters into their own hands to try to get me back on the field They started a fan page and group on Facebook the group is called "FREE OKPREEZY"
I thought they were joking at 1st but they were serious. They even made sample t-shirts I feel blessed to have such great friends that believe in me. It truly keeps me going! As a member of THE UNKNOWN BATTALION we stand for what's on the crest "WHAT MEN HAVE BUILT LET NOTHING AND NO ONE COME IN BETWEEN" God is great and pray he will continue to guide and give me the fuel to stay headed in the right direction.


1 comment:

  1. For the record Sammy, I never cheated on you. Whoever told you such a lie is as twisted as you are for posting this garbage. You wouldn't put it past me?? What is that suppose to mean? I'm sorry my feelings changed and I wasn't happy with you, but that doesn't make me a bad person.

    ReplyDelete