Monday, March 23, 2009

Life as a Rookie (BYE WEEK) Part 10 of 23

The bye week couldn't have come at better time. Being moved to the practice roster had me feeling down. I was fortunate enough to catch a flight back to Montreal after a close friend of the family made it happen. She paid for the flight via air miles, one of the nicest jesters anyone has ever done for me. Back in Montreal, it felt good to be home. Having a wonderfully cooked meal from my mother was much appreciated. Sleeping in my old bed in the sweet spot never felt so great. Getting up and hopping into Stacey (my old car) was another delight. I haven't driven since I left Montreal and the feeling was great. Hanging out with my close friends; Ceddy Rock, H, DS, Knox, Uncle Willis, G-Mac, Mr. Burns & Jigga Jeff . People I knew around the city asked if I was going to be down for the Montreal game. I told them that as it looks right now, chances are slim. Several people had already brought tickets to come see my supposed first game in Montreal. It felt terrible to tell them I probably wasn't gonna be there. I stopped by St. Joseph Oratory and lit some candles. I prayed to God to give me the strength, power, and guidance to endure whatever my future brings.




Before I left I passed by Percival Molson Stadium just to get a look, in hopes that I would be back in a couple of weeks. I only realized when I was back home in Montreal that I was home sick. I'd like to thank Gayle for helping me get down to Montreal. The trip was just what I needed to get my spirits back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment