Monday, March 23, 2009

Life as a Rookie (Week7) Part 9 of 23


Week 7 Edm @ BC. Feeling better that I got what I wanted most! Some action. A chance to play. Even though I didn't get to hit anyone, progress was made. Walking into the locker room smiling, I was greeted with, "Eh Yooo MAN" I responded with "STOP IT!" my other famous saying. Going to my locker, before I could put my bag down I was asked to come into a side office. Walking behind the distinguished gentlemen, I noticed two new players in the therapy room. I quickly did the math and thought this couldn't be good. The fine gentlemen explained what was about to happen and not having any objections or rebuttal I signed at the X_______. .. At that moment I had a feeling I wasn't going to see the field again. After being so close, I was now so far away. I stood up, shook his hand, and told him if it's best for the team then I'm on board. I've always been a team player, but never on this side of the paddle. The love of my life had left me. I went through practice emotionless. Lethargic for the first time in my life. I didn't want to be there. Not usually one to split so quick after practice, but on this day I was gone before guys could even take their pads off. Not accomplishing any of my goals I set out, I had to go back to the drawing board. In denial, I started hitting the gym hard. All this extra energy, feeling fresh, I had to put it to good use. I wanted to prove to the coaches I was ready. I worked harder, I stopped letting guys win. Giving full effort, I messed up returns and fakes. Defeated, at home I would just lay on the floor looking up at the ceiling wondering what I could do to get in. Once again I stayed home all weekend.


Game Day. I watched from the living room, still depressed at what happened during the week. Trying to stay positive, at least I'm still here! Another great game back and forth but we fell short. Esks lose 40-34


Notes : We lost our starting safety Trey Young



No comments:

Post a Comment