Friday, April 10, 2009

Life as a Rookie (Week 13) Part 16 of 23

Life as a Rookie(week13) Part 16 of 23

Week 13 Edm @ Wpg On very few occasions have I been called out by my coaches throughout my career. The feeling was very new to me. I liked it! Not having a position coach for my last two years at Concordia, I felt my technical skills had really declined. As a defensive back it is the little things that make you a great player. I really noticed when I entered training camp that my technique had really declined in two years. New focus! Be technically sound! During individual drills, I slowed down and performed them properly, rather than racing through them. When it came to shedding blocks I used my hands more actively instead of for power. Everything was starting to click. I could still work hard in practice but with a different style than before. I noticed that my teammates were not as upset with me as they were in previous weeks. I felt better about myself, I was onto something.

Game day the team was on the road again. I watched the game at a friends house not too far away. You really can’t look at records in the CFL. On any given day any team can beat you. The turning point, I believe, was when we gave up a big punt return for a touchdown. We battled back, but in the end Winnipeg had the last laugh that day. Esks lose 2 straight for the first time 30-23

No comments:

Post a Comment